Mrs. Wehrbein--Part V--Personal Attendant with guest Josey


This is it! The final post in the Mrs. Wehrbein wedding series. If you missed parts 1-4 here are they!


Everyone, I am SO excited about this final part of the Mrs. Wehrbein wedding series! My cousin Josey has agreed to write about being a personal attendant for me during our wedding. And WHAT a personal attendant she was! Josey was vital in making our wedding day run so smoothly! She took notes, had clip boards, and she had a bag full of everything any of us could have needed. 

Josey's backpack was full of everything we might need throughout the day! She was so prepared!

Josey: I was so honored and excited when Mairin asked me to be her personal attendant at her wedding. After she asked, I immediately started doing research on Pinterest and on the internet. I even created a specific Pinterest board, (find it here) with all things relating to personal attendants. 


I love this girl! She did such an amazing job!

She was right there the whole day--she even held my lip balm container while I got my hair done!
After my research, I learned that the most important part of being a personal attendant is having an emergency kit for any mishaps that might take place on the big day. So, my mom & I went to Target and bought a cool green backpack (not too big) to hold all of the supplies. I'd made a list of items I thought we'd need, so it would be easier for us to then find everything we thought might be useful and helpful on the day of the wedding. 


Supply Kit
Separated into various labeled Ziplocs, I had:

Beauty:
  • Mairin's lipstick
  • Bobby pins
  • Nail kit
  • Emery boards
  • Cotton balls
  • Tissue
  • Deodorant
  • Small mirror
  • Razor
  • Hairspray
  • Dry shampoo
  • Lotion
  • Visine
  • Breath mints
  • Small lint roller
Health:
  • Hand sanitizer
  • Tums
  • Dental floss
  • Q-tips
  • All-purpose wipes
  • Ibuprofen
  • Band-aids
Repairs:
  • Sewing Kit
  • Safety pins
  • Tape
  • Tide To Go pen
  • Scissors
  • Fabric tape
  • Super glue







Responsibilities the day of the wedding

The day of the wedding, I was responsible for any needs that the bride or bridesmaids had -- really that anyone in the wedding party had.  I would take care of any issues or problems, any errands that needed to be done, or anything else. I just tried to be helpful and available. I was also responsible for making sure Mairin's dress looked perfect during photos before and after the wedding.  And I was always ready with her lipstick whenever she needed it freshened up! :)

The best advice I can give you if you're going to be a personal attendant is to be prepared, be organized, and be ready to help in any way you can!  And have so much fun!







Josey was there to make sure my dress was perfect right before I walked down the aisle. Can you spot her with her backpack working hard back there?


Josey was also there to help the rest of the bridesmaids. I love how she matched my sister! So sweet.





This girl is so precious!

I hope you enjoyed hearing from Josey about the amazing job she did as my personal attendant. I just can't stress how important it was for us to have Josey there. She truly made the day go so smoothly. I am so thankful for her! 

grace & peace
Mairin 

Comments

Popular Posts