My Top 10 Projects of 2018


A year can go by so quickly, can't it?! As the first month of 2019 is already ending, a month that is usually set aside for reflection of the past and hopeful resolve of the future, I wanted to spend a little bit of time reflecting on some of the custom projects I was able to create this year! So here are my top 10 projects I was able to make in 2018 (in no particular order, because how could I ever decide)!



#10 "All Hearts Come Home for Christmas" --This vintage, metal suit case was a present from one sister to another for Christmas! I love how the white lettering looks against the blue, kind of rusty background. My favorite part, however, is the greenery and buffalo plaid ribbon! Such a sweet gift! 


#9 "God Made us a Family"--this piece was made for a sweet military family. In fact, we had to race to get it shipped before the customer was deployed! I love the sentiment, and I love the farmhouse look of that dark walnut stain with white lettering. Such a great piece that's now hanging in a loving home!


#8 "Have Courage"--I made this little sign for the spring show I did, and I ended up selling it to a coworker during my After the Sale Sale. Not only do I love the reminder to "have courage," but I love the fact that it went home with my dear teacher friend, Laura, who was courageous enough to follow her dreams at a new school this year. I'm glad a little piece of my lettering went with her!



#7 "Some old-fashioned things like fresh air & sunshine are hard to beat"--This was my first ever framed piece! Josh's first ever framed piece, I should say! He did all of that work, and it turned out beautifully! This sign was a long-overdue wedding gift (like three years overdue! Yikes!) for a teacher friend!


#6 "In the Morning when I rise give me Jesus"-- This barn wood beauty was a birthday gift for my mother in law. She and I have been talking about this sign with these words for a few years, and I finally got around to making it! I tell ya, if I don't have a deadline, I sure take my time! I love the barn wood slats the sign is made out of--Josh and I got this wood from a piece of a gate that we pulled from a burn pile! 



#5 Barn quilt--Finally, a project for ME! I never do that!! I made this barn quilt to hang at the back of our rental. We have a covered patio area that was begging for some farmhouse charm! I love the colors (which took me forever to choose!), and I'm so happy with how it looks! I'd LOVE to make more of these, let me know if you'd like one! 


#4 JOY!--This sign stopped people in their tracks at our Christmas craft show in November! It actually sold the night before the show even started! Jackie and I kept it in the booth to bait customers, which totally worked! Haha! ;) The base is a piece of barn wood, the buffalo check is completely hand painted, and the crisp white letters paired with the greenery from the wreath are the perfect combination. This sign is one that I'm very proud of! I actually made myself one, too! :) 



#3 Psalm 84:5-7-- This piece was such a special project for me. My wedding photographer and dear friend, Melissa, and her family lost their home and everything they owned in a house fire this year. She reached out to me with this verse that God has used throughout this tragic time to give her such hope. I was beyond honored to create this piece for her and her NEW home! I have been so blessed by this business. 


#2 HOME-- This was another new project for me. I pride myself in never stenciling or tracing my lettering, but when the customer wants block letters, I trace away! I want them to look perfect! And this piece was so fun to do! It's on a canvas so it's nice and lightweight, and the state of Nebraska in the word HOME was juuuust right! I'd love one of these hanging in my house! 


#1 Scrabble Letters--And finally! This last project was one that was totally outside of the box for me. This customer wanted the last name of her future in laws set as Scrabble letters on a stand. She planned to give this as a gift at her rehearsal dinner. How sweet is that?! This project stretched both of our abilities, and I love how it turned out! 

So there you have it! If any of these projects sparked some ideas for pieces you'd like in your home, let me know! I'd love to make you something! Send me a message on Facebook to order!

grace & peace
Mairin 



Comments

Popular Posts