Friday Favorites

Happy Friday, everyone! This past week has been a wild one. Actually these past two weeks! It's funny when you start a week thinking that it's going to be completely regular, and then it just isn't! Here are some of my favorite things that have happened throughout the week!

1. On Thursday we had a track meet which means over half of our 7th graders leave early. So we took the faithful few who were left and picked up trash around our school! It was a beautiful day!

2. Last week, my little brother came to my classroom and spoke to my 7th graders about poetry. He enthralled them with his words, his songs, and his art. Those kids have never been more inspired. I am so honored to be his sister!

3. THE most exciting thing happened!!! Josh and I are moving! We found a sweet place for rent in Seward that fits us perfectly. We can't wait to get settled into our new home. More to come about the move and the decorating, of course! 

4. Josh is always my favorite...over the weekend, we brought our grill and outdoor furniture to our new place. We sat outside, ate the season's first burgers, and listened to the birds. We loved every second!

5. My mom, my sister, and I went to Target on Saturday and found some sweet, springy treasures! We each got one of these cupcake stands from the Hearth and Hand collection! Mine currently has a candle sitting on it! So cute. 

6. Another Target find! We each got one of these springy pig towels. I don't know what it is about a whimsical farm animal towel, but I just can't say no! 

7. We started packing up our lives this week! As I was walking around the apartment yesterday, I just happened to look at this tub full of stuff. I love how each piece represented us--the "Better Together" signs that hung from our chairs at the reception, the cast iron tractor, the book of engagement photos--I'm so thankful for the life God has blessed me with. 

That wraps up this week's Friday Favorites--can't wait to see what next week brings!

grace & peace
Mairin 




Comments

Popular Posts